The Archdiocese of Imphal runs three educational colleges in three different locations for the benefit of the people of Manipur. The three Colleges are
1) Don Bosco College, Maram Centre
Don Bosco College, Maram, is a minority Catholic Educational Institution established and administered by the Salesians of Don Bosco, a religious order of the Catholic Church. This College is a venture of the Salesians of Don Bosco of Dimapur Province. It offers Honours Degree Courses in Arts, Commerce, BCA, BSW and Science streams at the College campus.
Don Bosco was a world-renowned educator of youth. His system of education known as the Preventive System of Education and is based on reason, religion and loving-kindness. It recognizes the vast potentialities latent in one’s faculties of mind, heart and body, and tries to bring out and develop them in a balanced manner. The College takes into account the social and economic dimensions of life. It places before the staff, students and parents the high ideals of humanism and service towards which they are continually invited to strive
Integral and personalized education of the youth through a blend of faith and culture to become persons of right principles who will strive after excellence in every field and through selfless service bring about social justice
To achieve this, Don Bosco College will make every effort to help the students:
- To live and make a harmonious blend of faith and culture.
- To become men and women of right principles and values.
- To strive continually after excellence in every field.
- To be selfless in the service of their fellowmen in order to bring about social justice, and to make education more relevant, practical and useful for life
Faith in God Moral Uprightness
Love of fellow beings Social Responsibility
Pursuit of Excellence
- A preferential option for young people who are less privileged
- A balanced blending of culture, religion, science, education, technology, professional ethics and integrity of life
- A family atmosphere in the campus characterised by the accompanying presence of educators with the students
- An educative style based on Reason, Religion and Loving Kindness
- Special attention to the formation of educators
- Focus on quality education through promotion of research mentality and use of technology
2) St. Joseph College, Ukhrul
St. Joseph College Ukhrul was established in 2014 under Manipur University. It has only Art stream. It will soon run Science and Commerce Stream as well. The process of affiliation for science stream and commerce stream is in progress. It has about 700 students in the first academic year. The number is growing steadily.
To be the top ranking college of choice for students, staff and corporates; recognized for excellence in higher education especially relevant to our social needs
The mission of St. Joseph College, Ukhrul, is to continue the mission which the Lord Jesus Christ gave to his followers 'Go the whole world and teach' through innovative career oriented programs, inclusive technology aided pedagogies, equip students with the requisite professional and life skills and to create an intellectually stimullating environment, particularly into areas bearing on the socio-economic and cultural development of the state and the nation
3) College of Nursing, CMC Koirengei, Imphal
The CMC college of Nursing which is established in 2012 and managed by the above society is located at Koirengei, a calm and serene area in the northern outskirts of Imphal city, recognized by INC & MNC and affiliated to Manipur University, a Central University at Imphal. The NH 2 (Imphal - Dimapur Road) is passing through Koirengei and the college is just two minutes walk away from Koirengei junction. It is 20 km away from Tulihal Airport (Imphal) and 8 km from the main Bus Terminus Imphal. The nearest railway station is Dimapur. Buses and taxis ply regularly and frequently between Imphal and Dimapur. The weather in Imphal is very pleasant throughout the year and the college campus is surrounded by lush green hills and fields.
Aims of the college
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services of Indian Nursing Council and state's nursing college
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decision in nursing situations, protect the rights and facilitate individuals and group in pursuit of health function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and managers in a clinical/public health setting
- Our services to the patients, which shall be courteous, timely, accurate, cost effective, compassionate, confidential, through dedicated personnel, in a highly professional manner, adhering to the standard procedure, ensuring quality care
- our nursing education shall imbibe the value of the learning, communication, leadership and care along with the practice of holistic health care
Learning: The student will demonstrate knowledge, skill and behaviour of the evidence-based on the practice of nursing care which integrates growth in reasoning, analyses, decision-making and the application of what is taught with the goal of advocating for others/self. This includes holistic nursing skills and the nursing process
Leadership: The student will have Jesus Christ the compassionate Healer and the friend of the poor as their role model and embrace a willingless to serve others in the midst of illness, poverty, etc. The studetns will imbibe the characteristics of a servant leader such as humility, courage and forgiveness, discernment, etc.
Communication: The student will actively engage in a dynamic interaction process that is intrapersonal and interpersonal with the goal of advocating for others and for self. This includes effective communication, information, thoughts, actions and feelings through the use of the verbal and non verbal skills
Caring: The student will embrace a calling to the ministry of compassionate care for all people in response to God's grace, which aims to foster optimal health and bring comfort in suffering and in death.